The purpose of 100 Women Who Care is to provide financial support to local charities within the area of each chapter. Specifically for us, local charities in Colorado Springs. We do not donate to national or international non-profits.
In order to be considered for nomination in one of our quarterly meetings, a potential recipient must meet these qualifications:
- Located in the Colorado Springs area, specifically, El Paso County.
- A non-profit organization recognized as a 501(c)(3) by GuideStar
100% of donations received are given directly the local charity that wins a majority vote for a particular meeting. Our local chapter does not retain any of the donations for operational expenses. For those interested in sponsoring expenses related to hosting meetings and operating our chapter, please click here.
PAST RECIPIENTS: LOCAL CHARITIES COLORADO SPRINGS
Below is a list of all the local non-profits in El Paso County that have received donations from the Colorado Springs chapter of 100 Women Who Care. We invite you to visit their websites to learn more about them.
- January 2021 Fostering Hope
- April 2021 The Resource Exchange
- July 2021 Honor Flight
- October 2021 Heartspace-Kids
- January 2020- Bryson’s Chase
- April 2020 meeting cancelled due to COVID
- July 2020 meeting cancelled due to COVID
- October 2020- the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Quarter donations were combined and awarded to Partners In Housing and Children’s Literacy Center
- October 2018 – Cleft Camp
- July 2018 – Ronald McDonald House of Southern Colorado
- April 2018 – Dream Center, Mary’s Home
- January 2018 – Karen Possehl Women’s Endowment
- October 2017 – Daybreak
- July 2017 – Colorado Springs Therapeutic Riding Center
- April 2017 – Mt. Carmel Center For Excellence
- January 2017 – First Tee
- October 2016 – The Resource Exchange
- July 2016 – Fostering Hope
- April 2016 – Children’s Literacy Center
- January 2016 – Pikes Peak Children’s Museum
- October 2015 – Special Kids Special Families, Zach’s Place
- July 2015 – GRECCIO
- April 2015 – Safe Passage
- January 2015 – Leadership Pikes Peak, Women’s Leadership Community Initiative
- Winter meeting canceled twice due to weather.
- August 2014 – Colorado Springs Teen Court
- May 2014 – Children’s Literacy Center
- February 2014 – Girl’s On The Run
- November 2013 – Rocky Mountain Kids
- August 2013 – Peak Education
- May 2013 – Women’s Resource Agency
- February 2013 – Marion House Soup Kitchen